- First Things. See Marriage at St. Margaret’s to review requirements and make initial contact with the Associate Rector to begin the process of Preparing for Marriage. The couple should complete and submit the Marriage Information Form online. Couples desiring marriage at St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church must participate in Premarital Counseling, and are expected to be regular in personal prayer and public worship.
- Remarriage after Divorce. If either of the parties is divorced with a living ex-spouse, at least 75 days’ notice must be given. The divorce will be discussed carefully as part of Premarital Counseling, and the remarriage requires formal application for the Judgment of the Bishop of San Diego.
- Reception. If the Reception is to be held at the Parish, the couple should reserve Karns Hall at the time the wedding date is set.
- Marriage License. The marriage license for a wedding at St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church must be issued in Riverside County, California. Requirements for a marriage license are substantial, and can be reviewed any time or obtained up to 90 days before the date of the Marriage at the Office of the County Clerk. The nearest office is located at 82675 Highway 111, Room 113, Indio, CA 92201. The license is to be brought to the Parish Office or the Officiant no later than the wedding rehearsal.
- Ceremonial Planning. As part of Premarital Counseling, couples work with the Officiant and Wedding Coordinator to make plans for the ceremony.
- Selecting Music. Approximately one month before the ceremony, the couple should contact the Organist directly to select music. If desired, the Organist can arrange for additional musicians, whose fees are to be paid directly to them.
- Bulletin. St. Margaret’s will print an attractive standard bulletin for the service if desired. To meet printing deadlines, the Ceremony Planning Worksheet and Participants in the Ceremony forms must be completed and submitted to the Officiant at least two weeks before the date of the service.
Last updated: November 25, 2019 at 10:22 am